QuickBooks often create conflicts between programs or internet connection due to which you fail to access your company files or execute other tasks related to QuickBooks data such as downloading transactions, Payroll services, and more.
Here, we will take you through certain error codes that you may encounter while using QuickBooks. Let’s know what are the common QuickBooks errors and how to rectify them quickly.
Error 1: QuickBooks Error H202
While accessing QuickBooks, if you switch to the multi-user mode, you will end up seeing QuickBooks error H202. This happens when the QuickBooks program attempts to establish a connection to your company files, it fails to communicate with the server.
On this multi-user network, QuickBooks files are saved on the server computer. Other devices that are connected to a network (that do not host the QB company files) are known as Workstations. If these workstations fail to open the company files that are saved on another device, it may create conflicts with the connection.
To resolve QuickBooks Error Code H202, you can restore the connection through QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Here is how:
- Open the “Run” dialog box using the “Windows + R” on your keyboard.
- Type “MSC” in the text field.
- Choose the “Services” option.
- Scroll down and click on “QuickBooksDBXX” from the list of services.
Note: Here, XX represents the year of the QuickBooks Desktop version.
- Hit the “Stop” button to disable the service.
- Now, click on the “Start” button and make sure you start the service as “Automatic” using the drop-down menu.
Once you set the QuickBooks services as automatic, you can restart your device. Then, try accessing your company file.
Error 2: QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks error H505 arises when the Windows firewall blocks access to the system where the QuickBooks company file is stored. In such a scenario, one can configure firewall settings on Windows: Here are the steps for that.
- Click the “Start” button.
- Go to the “Control Panel”.
- Search for “Firewall Settings” and open it.
- Select the “Allows a Program through Firewall”.
- Click on the “Add Program” option.
- Now, add “QuickBooks 20XX” to the list.
Once you add the QuickBooks program to the exception list, restart your PC to reflect the changes. In addition, you can stop multi-user mode and change the QuickBooks folder location.
Error 3: QuickBooks Error 3371
When QuickBooks users fail to load the license data, QuickBooks error 3371 is likely to take place. This error can be caused due to certain reasons such as installation problems, damaged QuickBooks files, or when Microsoft MMS XML files cannot be executed.
To troubleshoot QuickBooks error 3371, it is suggested to use QuickBooks Tool Hub on your Windows 10 computer.
- First of all, close your QuickBooks software in case it is opened.
- Now, download the “QuickBooks Tool Hub File” on your computer.
- Choose a location to save the “QuickBooks tool hub .exe file” where you can find it easily.
- Now, double click the “QuickBooksToolHub.exe” file to open it.
- Follow the prompts given on your screen to complete the process.
Once the tool is downloaded and installed you can launch it to perform. For that, you can double-click the tool icon.
Error 4: QuickBooks Error 15222
QuickBooks error 15222 arises when you download Payroll in QuickBooks. There can be other reasons that cause this error such as antimalware, antispyware, or anti-adware count QuickBooks update file as threats.
To resolve this error, one can adjust the internet settings. Missing digital signature certificates can also create problems. To install the digital signature certificate, do the following:
- Close the QuickBooks program if it is opened otherwise you won’t find the digital signature tab.
- In the WIndows search bar, type “QBW32.exe”. It should be located in the C:\ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Then, click right on the “Digital Signature” tab.
- Also, make sure that Intuit Inc. is chosen in the list of signatures.
- You can also view your certificate by clicking on the “View Certificate”.
- Then, in the “Certificate” window, click on the “Install Certificate”.
- Hit the “Next” button.
- Click on the “Finish”.
After performing all these actions, you can reboot your device. Thereafter, launch the QuickBooks software to download the update. This should solve the QuickBooks error 15222.
Error 5: QuickBooks Error 1603
While downloading QuickBooks, if the update installer encounters some internal problem, you are likely to see QuickBooks error 1603. This happens when the required components are missing from your computer. This can be fixed if you repair Microsoft .Net framework.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Now, go to “Program”.
- Click “Program and Features”.
- Search for “Turn Windows features on or off”.
- If you see “.NET Framework 3.5 and later” marked then you should uncheck it.
- Select the “OK” button.
- Follow on-screen prompts.
Thereafter, you can restart the PC and make sure that you mark the .NET Framework 3.5 o later and complete the procedure by following on-screen prompts.
It is common to confront different types of error codes in QuickBooks. This may be caused due to corrupted QuickBooks files that affect your company files. However, if you diagnose the leading factor of an error, you can resolve the issues easily.